JD Edwards ranks very well, thank you!
JDE’s EnterpriseOne software (the same software used in JDE101 classes) ranks very high compared to other ERP packages, in rankings provided by analyst firms such as Gartner and Nucleus Research.
In fact, JD Edwards is #1 in the Leader Quadrant (high usability and high functionality) in a recent ranking by Nucleus Research.
Just one more indication that learning JDE is a valuable skill.
Nucleus’ research note, released in November, 2014 states:
“Oracle JD Edwards maintains its position as a leader in the Matrix based on Oracle’s existing and ongoing investments in usability and functionality that have continued to gain JD Edwards new customer wins and customer upgrades. In its ongoing analysis of JD Edwards customers, Nucleus has found an acceleration of upgrades as customers seek to take advantage of the latest product innovations.
Recent investments brought to bear for JD Edwards customers since publication of the last Matrix include:
- A broader mobile application portfolio. To date, JD Edwards has delivered 65 mobile applications including applications for field service, maintenance, project management, supply chain, and health and safety incident management.
- Further leverage of Oracle’s In-Memory investments. In April, Oracle announced JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Planning Advisor, to enable manufacturing and distribution customers to help planners and buyers make critical sourcing decisions while analyzing thousands of SKUs and components in real time.
- Industry enhancements. JD Edwards continued to invest in features for specific industries to drive faster time to value and support for best practices. Recent enhancements include additions to capabilities in its oil, gas, and chemical distribution solutions and enhanced One View Reporting for management of warehouses, real estate, and bulk stock inventory. Additionally, in October Oracle announced:
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Rental Management for JD Edwards customers who are in the business of renting equipment, to enable them to manage equipment and rental inventory while controlling costs and maximizing utilization to improve profits.
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Blend and Inventory systems enhancements with Wine on Premises Operations Reporting, which generates the summary of daily records that a winery is responsible to keep, enabling The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau to verify the accuracy of on-premises inventory and the winery to prepare tax returns and monthly reports.
- Internet of things (IOT). JD Edwards is also making investments with its customers and partners to drive adoption of IOT technologies to increase the volume and currency of data to drive better, faster decision making.
- Integration and interoperability. Business Interfaces for Oracle Talent Cloud (Taleo), also announced in October, support interoperability between JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Human Resources and Oracle’s Taleo Recruiting and Talent Cloud. The interfaces include HR Requisition data and HR Employee Master data. Oracle also announced a new standard for business services integration JAX-WS (Java API for XML Web Services), which will replace the previous standard (JAX-RPC), requiring customers using JAX-RPC to review and modify their customizations to adapt to the new JAX-WS versions (changes will be required by Release 9.2).
More Analyst Reports on JD Edwards
Why JD Edwards Beats SAP in the Midmarket
Excerpt: “Analysts found that ease of implementation, flexibility, and functionality match were key factors driving a decision to invest in EnterpriseOne.” Click here to read the report.